Traveller (in its MegaTraveller form) was the first long-running role-playing campaign I ever played in, and also the first long-running campaign I ever ran. As such, it has a place close to my heart. Unfortunately, though, all of the material I created then is quite old, and very little of it exists in electronic form, so given how busy I am these days, it unlikely that any of it will find its way onto my web pages very soon.
However, I recently needed to run a game for the role-playing group I am part of, and Traveller sprang to mind. Based on talking to my players, I came up with the idea of the 'Memory Lapse' game, which, I think, went quite well. In the process of running it I also generated a number of star systems for the places the group passed through, or might pass through, and also MegaTraveller statistics for various types of space vessel encountered by the group. It is this recent material that forms all of the web pages below.
An original new animated kids TV show concept from my brother.
Roleplaying Game Books and Comics
This page is divided into the following sections:
Click on the section names to return to the top of the page.
Also, the statistics and skills of the player characters can be seen here.
- THE NAVY OF VILIS
Most of the vessels which make up the navy of Vilis are of a standard lens-shaped configuration with a displacement of 1100 tons. This design philosphy was chosen to allow standardisation of equipment across large portions of the fleet, but also to allow the installation of bay weapons on the ships. This allows these relatively small vessels to carry a single weapon of very high factor, which makes them, particularly when operating in groups, a highly effective fighting force.
Note that these vessels (and various others on this site) were designed using lessons learned from a Trillion Credit Squadron PBM I played in many years ago, in which the most effective type of ship seemed to be of roughly one thousand tons displacement with a single very high factor weapon; these turn out to be both cheaper and more effective in quantity than a single larger ship with an equivalent number of high-factor weapons...
- OTHER DESIGNS
- 'Angel' Class Light Cruiser (400 tons, TL 10) (includes deck plans)
- 'Baudri' Class Cargo Vessel (200 tons, TL 11)
- 'Black Kiss' Class Hunter Experimental (100 tons, TL 15)
- 'Degnelo' Class StarMerc ship (990 tons, TL 11) - from the Hard Times period
- 'Gualeo' Class Meson Destroyer (30000 tons, TL 12)
- 'Immanou' Class Jump-1 System Defence Boat (800 tons, TL 10)
- 'Innutar' Class Patrol Cruiser (3000 tons, TL 13)
- 'Jasheru' Class Battle Rider (10000 tons, TL 12)
- 'Jassuno' Class Exploration Ship (10000 tons, TL 11)
- 'Joroso' Class Cargo Vessel (200 tons, TL 9)
- 'Kloskisi' Class Cargo Vessel (400 tons, TL 11)
- 'Likashidu' Class Jump Research Ship (100 tons, TL 15)
- 'Metusa' Class Seeker (100 tons, TL 12)
- 'Nagriam' Class Scout/Courier (100 tons, TL 11)
- 'Rinnia' Class Courier/Cargo Vessel (100 tons, TL 15)
- 'Ryngit' Class Battle Rider (30000 tons, TL 12)
- 'Sweet Revenge' Class Hunter Gunned (100 tons, TL 15) (includes deck plans)
- 'Unasja' Class Yacht (200 tons, TL 11)
- 'Vindhoffen' Class Heavy Yacht (1800 tons, TL 15)
- The Ekrratki - A race with three genders and a very high degree of sexual dimorphism.
- The Gubprwufu - A quadrupedal anaerobic hive-mind race.
- The Ltss'Tak - Highly changeable gas giant dwellers.
- The Oghaldzon - A tripedal race who see by sonar and who have two genders but no active sex.
- The Txkri - An intrinsically religious quadrupedal race.
- The Wustrtuu - A blind, tentacled, highly casted race who reproduce by something not unlike cancer.
Alternatively, go to my Champions Page, my Amber Page,
my Space 1889 Page or my Alternate History Page.
A Must-See RPG Site
This site has been given Effie Rover's GOLD WYRM RPG Web Site Award for its development with an RPG audience in mind, excellent design, good presentation and ease of access. Content is considered to be original, useful, grammatically correct and visually appealing. The site's graphics are considered to support the content and are not overpowering or distracting. Ease of navigation and quick graphics load time are excellent. It has been rated a Must-See site at the RPG Gateway.
Back to the Top.
Back to My Roleplaying Page.
Back to My Home Page.